Wednesday, May 28, 2008

please read

I have been trying to make an effort to stop "flipping" through pages or "surfing" for images but actually taking the time to read things. As I am packing up my life, all of my belongings are now boxes and all of my distractions have become pixelated. Somehow I find the time to visit a few of these sites on a regular basis and there is ALWAYS something that makes me think about my work or my field. Anyhoo here are a few places I go:

Conceptual Metalsmithing


Redefining Craft

Extreme Craft

2 comments:

  1. that's an admirable idea. I'd like to try that as well, maybe I should organize my reader into folders or "cheap thrills" and "intellectual stimulation"

    I'm definitely going to check out the blogs you've mentioned. and maybe I will try to start blogging some theory as well.

    plus this gives me an excuse to finally buy "architecture theory since 1968" by K. Michael Hays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur,

    Thanks for the shout.

    -Gabriel

    ReplyDelete