Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sooooooo......I have been really really busy (it seems like I start every blog entry like this. I am busy... blah blah blah). Anyhoo, I have a lecture coming up at Towson University in Maryland (Sept 25th). See more info here
I have a few shows coming up. I will have to blog about that stuff later. I am kind of in a whirlwind of paperwork and boxes so yeah. I am trying to keep up with it all.

In no particular order, here is what I have been doing......

I moved to New Paltz NY and started my new job as a Metals Lecturer with Jamie Bennet, Myra Mimlitsch Gray and John Cogswell We got REALLY lucky and a faculty member had a house she had on the market that wasn't selling (sound familiar?) so she needed to rent it. We were in the right place at the right time. Here is the view from my back porch.



and the side yard...




With Liz's help I unpacked our pods (no help from the dog. Little jerk.)



I found a place in town that sells my favorite beer. Thats a Belgian triple in 12 oz bottles! Yeah I have never seen it in small bottles either. Man it was good.



I went to work and moved into my new office. Great view of the mountain. Lots of great folks here. No photos of folks yet.





We unpacked some more crap.



Liz planted some stuff. YELLOW!!!



I built a new dry-erase/drawing/layout work table. Got a nice sun burn cutting wood on the back porch.



I almost set up all of my studio



and I made a bunch of handouts for my new classes using Rhino and illustrator.



whew, yeah man I am tired. Thank goodness its the weekend. I can hear Liz downstairs clanging pots and pans around, which means she found the box with all of the cookware. Think I will go help... talk soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love that handout! How I wish I could decipher the confusing ways of design programs. Good work. Good luck unpacking! Might be time to get one of those pack vests for the dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Liz made it up there. School has started and it's all sucktastic around here. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete