Tuesday, December 4, 2012

chefs knife

Trying to squeeze in the x-mas gifts. I thought that since I made cutting boards last year I would make chef's knives this year. So I started one...... LOTS OF GRINDING. Also I am fairly new to the knife making thing. I have had a lot of advice. I am sure I am doing something wrong. Here are some shots of the first couple of stages and research photos.
More grinding photo 5.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG


  1. YES! It's so cool that you're making this. How's it coming along?

    1. So far so good. I have been grinding away for ever on this thing. I think the stuff I bought is way too thick. The belt sander we have is kind of weak. As a matter of fact I WAS going to make six but I think I will be making ONE. We need a new belt sander. I don't think that ye old KMG is our future. I wish. Maybe I will be making some nice paring knives.