Friday, March 27, 2015

More things

image


I haven't been in the studio lately, which basically makes me grumpy.  I am on the tail end of an epic couple of months and I actually decided to take a short break.

Life has been insane and I was driving myself nuts.  Too many things going on inside my head and I was long over due for a vacation.  So we took one!  Liz and I went to Florida!  It was nice to visit with family and sit and clear my mind a bit. I had not been to the beach in years.  The sun put me in a better mood but I couldn't help think about all the time I could have spent in the studio.

I am not going to lie, it has been insane.  Before florida, I flew to RISD to do a lecture, then had my dad's memorial service in Virginia, then drove down to South Carolina (I juried an exhibition, gave a lecture and taught a workshop) then I went back to Boone to pick things back up after spring break.  I am looking forward to the summer.  Of course there is SNAG, a family reunion and teaching a workshop at Arrowmont.

So here a few quick things.  First, I have been working with a student in the tech department, researching modular jewelry and I have been "playing" with a few new designs. Second, some great photos of the Emergence, exhibition at Winthrop, University. Big thanks at Anne Fiala. Third, some great sunny photos from our vacation. Lastly, a few epic snow photos from Providence.

image

image


image

image


Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence

Emergence


Winthrop metals studio



image



image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image



image



image

No comments:

Post a Comment