Sunday, April 19, 2020

UV LAMP LEGS


As I mentioned in a previous post we have been "disinfecting" our cloth masks and phones with a wide spectrum UV lamp.  I bought this lamp a number of years ago to cure prints coming off a Form 1 printer. This was before Formlabs made the Form 2 and way before a "curing chamber" was on anyone's radar.  We upgraded our printers at school and bought a curing chamber for our prints so this thing went back to my studio. Up until a couple of months ago it was sitting in a box. 

Because my Prhozen 4K resin printer is a little too messy for home use, I brought the UV lamp home. I promised Liz that I would rig up something to place our masks under when we came back from the grocery store (from what I have read it takes about 20 minutes to mutate/kill viruses). Also the UV lamp shouldn't come in contact with you skin so the setup should be easy in/easy out. Again, I am not a scientist/doctor/smart person so I am not sure if this is even going to work.

I didn't want to use up too much filament and I didn't want to create a mess of supports, so I am printing four legs with recessed holes for the four corner mounting screws.  This way we can sit this on the counter and bob's your uncle. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment