Friday, August 3, 2012

Final Coin

So I think I have settled on the final finish for this thing. Here is what I did....The sprues were cut off from the casting.  Then the edge of the coin was polished with a rubberized abrasive wheel.  Then it was bead blasted.  Then it was darkened.  Then it was brass brushed with dove dish soap.  Then it was rubbed with a abrasive pad to bring out the highlights. They all have little doodads here and there (pits,slugs,flashing and seams showing) but over all I am VERY happy with it.  I finished 30 of them and now I have 70 left to do. I am lucky enough to have a few folks helping. Lynn Batchelder and my wife to name a few.

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG