Sunday, August 3, 2014


  So this has been in the works for some time now.  My favorite pliers needed an upgrade.  I am working on some prototypes.  So far so good. Getting the nut out was a huge pain in the ass.  It is almost like they don't want you taking out their jaw.  It took a pair of vise grips and a hammer to get the nut to even budge. 

  I made a couple different versions.  I am going to test them for a while and then probably sell them through my site.  My biggest fear is that they will bend in the thin spots and then not be parallel anymore.  On the upside, they are brass and you can alter the shape of the jaws to fit your needs.  So if you want to file a V in it you can.  Or if you want to make it half round or an inverted half round, you can.  I made a tube cutting jig, longer noses and tapered noses.  

Let me know what you think.  

Aslo, I am slowly making improvements to the studio.  So much to do before the semester starts.  So far I have painted my office, setup the 3D printer, made a new little library section, made a sand paper caddy and moved around the benches.  Fingers crossed, I can get it all done before the semester begins.