Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LASERS~!!!

So we got a laser engraver/cutter in Painting and printmaking(one of three departments that I work for). I have been flipping out because I finally have a way to make some "punch-out" jewelry pieces that wont cost me a million dollars to have a die made for die-cutting. I am working on a couple of designs that have yet to be finalized but I am ready to throw a couple of them out into the blog-o-sphere and would like any input anyone has. The top of this design has a "rip-off" label for information on me and directions on how to punch them out. They are made from chipboard which for those of you who don't know it is a single ply cardboard. Also they have been "embossed" with recycle logos all over them so there is no confusion on what to do with them when you are done(the machine guns were just a test). So here are the results so far.-










2 comments: