Tuesday, June 28, 2011

new dust skirt fro the CNC

I freaking love our new dust skirt for our shopbot. The skirt itself snaps on with a bunch of rare-earth magnets. Also the skirt itself is denser making the dust collector WAY more efficient. It is going to make changing the bits a lot easier. Instead of moving the head up 6 inches in the Z axis, I can just set the safe Z at 3" and then there is always room to unsnap the skirt. No more stupid thumb screw in the back. I had to alter the hose and how it hangs. I think I might even change it again and make a hinged gantry thing with a hole in it that gets anchored to the wall. We shall see.



New dust collection for cnc MAGNETS

New dust collection for cnc MAGNETS

New dust collection for cnc MAGNETS

New dust collection for cnc MAGNETS

New dust collection for cnc MAGNETS

1 comment: