Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Getting it done



So I had recently been invited to do a craft holiday sale. I thought that I would make some cutting boards and knives. I have been doing some research and found a local company to cut the stainless for the knives after which I will grind and finish them myself.  I think this will work a lot better than cutting them from blanks. They gave us a tour of the facility which was kind of eye opening.  I have to admit it is very nice to have this in your back yard. I actually had to kind of shut my brain off for a while so I can focus on knives. There are so many things I would like to make with all of this equipment.


image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image 

 Not only do they have a super laser! They also have a CNC turret punch which is used to cut holes, straight lines, knockouts, louvers etc. For some things it is cheaper to mechanically stamp/shear/form than to laser.  Also aluminum is far safer to stamp than laser because of fumes etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment