Sunday, September 21, 2014

More additions.

     Just a few additions to the studio.  The stationary planishing hammer came in!  I love this thing. I bought one for New Paltz, one for my studio and now one for Appstate. Our casting machine finally arrived.  Unfortunatly it arrived damaged. It looks like the UPS man dropped it on one side and it dented the crap out of it.  I can fix it but... it kind of sucks getting a super expensive damaged thing in the mail. We ordered it from Rio and they have been amazing helping us out. I am going to fix it myself.   

     Recently we had open house and I had to create more signage for the studio and our little gallery space under the steps.   I also took a break from the studio to do some pickling.  I love the smell of pickles. 

     I have been trying to utilize the spoon molds I had made for the studio.  Two things. One, it is way to thick, and two the pour end should be a the top of the bowl.  I had a few issues so it is back to the drawing board.  I have changed the design a bit to include a stand to hold itself up.  I will post more photos as they come in.  

     I found a bunch of great shelves on craigslist to work as our enameling cabinets.  We also bought new lamps for our workbenches and I laminated the instructions to the salt water etching.  I have so much more I would like to do.  Some of these projects may need to wait till the summer.  


























While bouncing around the interwebs I found some interested pieces by Wim Delvoye, who you may recognize from his laser cut victorian construction vehicles.  This new work is a series of repouse aluminum suitcases.  






No comments:

Post a Comment