Saturday, April 11, 2015

FRANTIC!

image 

  So this weekend is going to be a pain.  I have to spend it in the studio, which is awesome but I have to finish at least five pieces (which is probably not going to happen) I am working on so many things at once that my brain is going to explode.  

The best part is that I am very excited with the results of my enameling tests.  Fingers crossed I leads to new and exciting things. I hope that these pieces will be going to SNAG this year for the Smitten show. I still have a lot of work to make for other things.  Such as the Arrowmont instructor show, a collaboration piece for a show in NYC, a long over due trade, a faculty show, the jewelry exchange. The list goes on but I wont bore you with the details.  

The components below will eventually become pieces. I am having a hard time deciding which of them go together.  The more I make the more combinations/possibilities there are. Something inside of me wants to keep them all to be separate but I also think some of them look great together. I guess I will keep making them and see what happens.  

On a separate note I bought a small toaster oven to try my hand at powder coating. After seeing a demo at the ECU symposium, it has been on the back burner and I would love to incorporate some of what I am doing here with powder coating.  Maybe small TIG welded pieces? 

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image


image

image



No comments:

Post a Comment